First, I just have to say WHEW! We made it through 2017 and into a new year.
What a year 2017 has been. If you are reading this, you may have noticed that this is my first post in over three months. I am really sorry about that, because I love writing the blog. Time just got away from me and the blog took the very back seat on the bus. The second half of my 2017 turned into a big self-care, self-love, do what you need to do to be happy, year for me. I can honestly say my year would not have been that way if I didn’t have my wonderful husband supporting me and pushing me to make decision to make me happy. I am grateful for his support and helping me accomplish my dreams.
I’m so thankful for many wonderful things that happened this year. Here are some of them:
- The newest family member arrived in March. I have the most adorable Nephew!
- We celebrated a lot of birthdays with friends and family.
- I left a job that was making me a super miserable person.
- In August I started a wedding flower business, Flower House Designs. Having a flower shop has been my dream since before I graduated high school, and now I am finally doing it out of my house!
- I started a new full-time job mid-September as a Sales Rep for a wine distributor. (Yes, my whole life basically revolves around wine now and it is a lot of fun. I do mix in flowers on the weekend too as mentioned above 😊)
- My two best friends got married and I was so happy to be apart of each of their weddings.
- I was able to travel to some new places and try out some new wineries.
So as you can see, I had so many wonderful things happen in 2017. It was a very busy year, and I am so happy for all the memories made and thankful for the people I got to make them with.
Bring on 2018
I have never been a new year, new me person. For 2018 I am going to continue my self-care, self-love and just being happy pursuit, because I believe we all should be happy and do what we love. To bring in the new year I did make myself a daily routine schedule. I am hoping this helps me stay on track with all my extras I do/want to do outside of my career and my personal business. I want to do just as much this year as I did last year, and it is still the same number of days, hours and minuets. So, I guess you could say my new years resolution is to, “wake up early and hustle hard!”
Here is to 2018. A new year to focus on yourself and what makes you happy!