Last week I was planning my weekly dinner menu and I wanted to try something new. I also wanted to use some items that were already in the pantry so that I wouldn’t have so much shopping to do. Luckily I had quite a bit on hand at the house already and was able to come up with a new recipe that my husband and I enjoyed. I am going to call it cheesy ranch chicken, potatoes and broccoli.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli
I love one pan dishes that you can just prep, throw in the oven and then eat. The cheesy chicken, potatoes and broccoli was perfect for our busy weeknight. With only six ingredients, it was easy to come home after work and pull everything together.
- 1 lbs. boneless / skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium red potatoes
- One small package or half of a large package of broccoli florets
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
You will need a large baking dish. I used a 9×13 clear glass baking pan.
- Grease your baking dish and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash your potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken, potatoes and broccoli in baking pan. If some broccoli florets are too large feel free to cut them into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil and ranch packet.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, potatoes and broccoli and mix together.
- Make sure everything is coated as evenly as possible and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Place the dish back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Remove from oven and serve!
My husband and I loved this dish because it was a mixture of meat and potatoes with veggies snuck in, and it included ranch! Who doesn’t love ranch? If you are like my husband, serve with extra ranch dressing and hot sauce, but it was very good on its own. My husband and I decided that next time we make this meal we will also include bacon on the top with the cheese, just to make it even better. Enjoy!