I want to share a new recipe I made the other night. I am calling it Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini. Originally I found this recipe on The Wholesome Dish, via Pinterest and then tweaked it just a little. My husband loved this dinner so much that he has already requested that I make it again! It was also very simple to make, I only used five ingredients. This dish was an all-around win!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini
This meal is exactly what it sounds like, zucchini stuffed with buffalo chicken and topped with cheese. What man wouldn’t eat zucchini that is disguised and hidden under buffalo chicken? It sure has my husband asking for more!
- One pound shredded or ground chicken. (I used shredded because I already had some chicken breasts on hand.)
- Two medium-sized zucchini
- Half a cup of buffalo wing sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (In my house we always choose ranch!)
- Cook your one pound of chicken.
- If you used a chicken breast like I did you will have to shred your chicken.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wash your zucchini and cut them in half.
- Use a melon scooper or other kitchen tool you have on hand to scoop out the center of your zucchini.
- In a bowl mix together your chicken and the buffalo wing sauce.
- Stuff the zucchini with the sauced-up chicken.
- Top zucchini with mozzarella cheese. Use as much cheese as you want, I won’t judge! I love cheese, I used as much that would fit without toppling.
- Cook in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When it is ready, take the dish out of the oven and drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
I hope you love the buffalo chicken stuffed zucchini recipe as much as my husband did! Will you be able to get your husband to eat zucchini if it is stuffed with buffalo chicken? I plan on making this recipe again soon, especially now since zucchini are in season. I know my husband will be happy if I do.
Cheers and bon appétit!